Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Gaslight Anthem '59 Sound


I had never heard of The Gaslight Anthem until a few months ago. They are a New Jersey punk band that has really only been around for a couple of years. I had seen the name around, but it wasn't until a couple weeks back that I heard the song '59 Sound. It was one of those rare times when I actually had to listen to the song twice in a row because it was just so good. For a few days after that I played it over and over. There are obvious comparisons to Bruce Springsteen, but I also hear some Bouncing Souls and something more primitive I can't put my finger (or ear) on. It's catchy, rockin, and has a real timeless feel.

The vinyl came on a few different colors that I know of, blue, white, clear, and black. You can buy your copy from Side One Dummy Records or see if Vinyl Collective has any colors left.
Please enjoy...



No comments: