Friday, February 6, 2009

Lux Interior


When I found out that Lux passed away two days ago, the news rippled through me and I was deeply saddened. I did not know the man personally(though I did meet him before)but I knew his music. The Cramps are the only band besides my own that is tattooed into my flesh, and there is a pretty substantial amount of their records in my collection. The Cramps delivered a unique brand of rock n' roll that pulled from the deepest roots of rock's past. Lux and Ivy were passionate record collectors themselves and had huge rooms devoted to vinyl. Their influential sound has been described as horror punk, and I would add to that primal surf, garage fuzz, and B-movie psychobilly. From the Cramps, please enjoy...

Lonesome Town mp3

Human Fly mp3

buy their albums

1 comment:

Myeral said...

Damn, you said it. I couldn't believe he was 62. The world is a less interesting place without him