Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Top 10 Worst Band Names

Now, I am not commenting on any of the music created by these artists, in most cases I have not heard it. They could be some of the greatest bands to ever walk the planet, but I wouldn't know it. I don't like this trend of loooooong boring band names that sound more like album titles than anything else. What happened to short and to the point? Something memorable that would look good carved into a school desk or sprawled across a pair of tits in a T-shirt? I'm talking about Social Distortion, The Ramones, Sonic Youth, Megadeth, Black Flag, Iron Maiden. Maybe some band was clever or lucky enough to think of a perfect play on words (Propagandhi), or something that was already part of the social landscape but just needed to be plucked out of the proverbial air(Dead Kennedys). These are in no particular order.

#10. Between The Buried And Me
#9. A Day To Remember
#8. Bring Me The Horizon
#7. Every Time I Die
#6. Kill Me Tomorrow
#5. I Would Set Myself On Fire For You
#4. Clinging To The Trees Of A Forest Fire
#3. Flagitious idiosyncrasy In The Dilapidation
#2. Success Will Write Apocalypse Across The Sky
#1. Tomorrow's Last Hero

Come on guys, that's the best you could come up with? Really??

I urge you to check out these artists and measure their worth based on their music, not their name.

No comments: