Monday, October 6, 2008

It's Casual

Sometimes I want to hear something heavy-as-fuck, but I hate how all those metal bands bore me to death with seven minute dirges. I want my heavy metal to offer me more than just a pretentious wank-fest.
I want the singer to get to the point in four words or less.I want all of my vinyl to look this cool.
It's Casual is a Southern California skate-metal-punk two piece. Oh, you think two piece bands are soooooo 2005? Well, this isn't at all like one of "those" bands. They make two people sound like twelve and I don't know how the fuck they do it. I think they're the perfect sound for someone that maybe usually listens to punk but wants to hear something heavy. These guys site Black Flag and Fu Manchu as influences and that couldn't be more dead on. Eddie's voice sounds very much like Rollins meets Phil Anselmo, and the riffs are thick and brutal. They cut out all the useless nonsense and deliver their stuff in one or two minute attacks.

At first a CD-only band, they finally decided to make a bold move and rerelease three albums on limited vinyl with new artwork. I think there are 500 of each pressed and they look beautiful. I picked one track off of each of the albums, and I urge you to buy your copies here.

Please enjoy...


Off of - Stop Listening To Bad Music : Landspeeder mp3

Off of - Buicregl (pronounced Buick Regal) : Break The Cycle mp3

Off of - The New Los Angeles - Navigator mp3

No comments: