Sunday, October 19, 2008

LaGrecia "Hey Medic"

LaGrecia features the singer from Kid Dynamite and None More Black, so if you're familiar with either, you'll know what to expect. I think Jason's voice is the ingredient that draws me in. I really dig that raspy, unapologetic delivery.
Apparently, this newer project of his broke up before the album was even released. That's a real shame, because I would have liked to hear a lot more from these guys.
The album "On Parallels" was put out by Suburban Home back in June, and I believe you can still get the vinyl through Vinyl Collective here. There were 300 pressed on black and 700 pressed on silver/grey. It's super cheap and it comes with a free button and a digital download of the full album. Give a listen to the track "Hey Medic" and see how it grabs you. It features a mean riff reminiscent of ZZ Top, but dirtier, and the changes are refreshing.
Please enjoy...
Hey Medic mp3
Hey Medic buy

No comments: