Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sub Pop Featured Single Part One






As a young music lover and record nerd of the 1990's, I was destined to be swept away by the mighty Sub Pop record label. Their story is long, familiar, and at this point admittedly boring. I would like however, to spotlight some of my favorite 45 singles from them now and again. There are some real treats throughout their extensive catalog and my modest collection. I did at one time aspire to snatch up every release with that friendly logo emblazoned on it, but that proved to be a waste of time and money. With the more catalog numbers I checked off my mental list I started to realize that for every great record they put out, there was an equally mediocre record that caused "buyer's remorse". I have kept my most precious and interesting Sub Pop records, and will continue to seek out those elusive ones that have slipped through my hands for these many years. I have come to grips with the fact that I will never own a copy of "Love Buzz" besides my fiendishly deceiving bootleg copy (which I suspect was pressed in England). It's okay. Honest, it's ...okay.

I'll start this thing off with one of the most kick ass riffs to bear the name "Sub Pop". Originally released in 1989, there are 500 red vinyl copies of this single floating around out there. There are also 2,500 black vinyl versions but we don't care about that right? A debut single from a solid Seattle rock band. From Love Battery, please enjoy...

Between The Eyes mp3




No comments: