Thursday, February 5, 2009

Oblivion "Day Job"

The sloppy production of this album barely contains the talent within. I can hear all the different styles of music coming at me at once and it's hard to pigeonhole the sound. I would say this is pop punk with classic rock tendencies and some metal flavor for good measure. If I had to guess where this Chicago three piece gets most of their influence, I would say the Descendents and 80's T.V. theme songs. I like how they "zig" when you think they are going to "zag", they use unusual chord progression just to keep from becoming boring. Shoot Me A Waco was released in 1995 on Johanns Face Records and you can still find copies floating around here and there. I'm featuring my favorite track off the album, it's a great closing number that has one of those hypnotic repeating outros. From Oblivion, please enjoy...

Day Job mp3

buy the album here

No comments: